Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ooty & Mysore Trip...

Well, this weekend I, along with 4 others, took a trip to Ooty (which is up in the mountains) and a place called Mysore.  We left Thurs. afternoon and came back Sat. night.  It was sooooo fun!  I got to have a lot of new experiences so it will take a couple posts to tell them all!
My favorite thing of the whole trip was going up and down the mountain.  The drive was FULL of REAL hairpin turns which I thought were really cool!  And it was sooooo COLD!  I have been used to humid 90-100 degree days and up there was probably about 50!  I can't imagine how cold I will  be in Dec.!  Brrrrr!  :(

Here is a view on the way up...


Here is a picture of one of the signs as we climbed up.


This was our driver and guide.  He was a lot of fun and did a great job.


Another view... the clouds were really neat. They would cover the top of the mountain one minute and then be way above it the next.


It was neat to see monkeys all along the roadside wanting a hand out.  


This is written in Tamil, the language of the state I am in.  Isn't it pretty?


Another sign.



Half way up, there was a beautiful waterfall but it was full of trash.  :(


When we reached the top,  there were tiered gardens of vegetables and... tea everywhere!  This is a picture of a 'Tea Garden'.  They have a lot of them there.


This is a closer look at one.


Here are the houses on the side of the mountain.





More pictures to come!  :)


4 comments:

  1. we miss you, And it looks like your having a fun time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all these pictures, Jordan. Love seeing them! And am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all the wildlife that is so cool!! That is amazing all the wild plants and animals you get to see all the time! Praying 4 you : )

    Justina

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tea Gardens are so cool! I'm glad you have some pictures of you up as well!

    ReplyDelete