Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Coconut Brooms

Putting a hold on my Mysore trip.
Yesterday when I went over to the kids there had been a load of coconut branches dropped off and they were busy stripping the leaves for a coconut broom!
It was really neat!  Something I had never seen before! 
They were having a BLAST!  :D


First you pull the leaves off the stalk...


Next you pull the green leaf part off of the stem.  Then you scrape off the rest with a knife...


Some of them just had fun having fun.  ;)


I pitched in and helped!  It was fun!



So now when I come home I can make you all coconut brooms!  (With all the coconut trees we have around!)  ;D

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting! What do they do next to make the broom itself? jep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a picture of a finished product? So good to see you are feeling better. We are praying for you! The McCanne's

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have coconut milk to drink there? That was one of Lydia's requests 2 Christmases ago so my parents got her one...it was kinda the neat gift & we all gathered round while we cracked it & all tried it....it was rotten & tasted horrible!!! Made some good memories though :) hwls

    ReplyDelete