Monday, September 10, 2012

More From My Trip...

Our Hotel was on the other side of the mountain so on the way down we stopped to stretch our legs.  The veiw was beautiful and I found a large rock to sit on, right on the edge looking down.  (I know, big shock there! ;)


On the other side was a 'Jungle'.  That is what they call it here.  I usually picture a rainforest when someone says jungle but this jungle is more like bush... here is a pic. from the road.


 I took this picture in the early morning from the roof of our hotel.  The clouds were soooo pretty over the mountains!  You can also see the jungle.


When we were getting ready to leave for our day in Ooty, we saw some monkeys up in a tree at the Hotel!


Here is a working elephant.




This is a Banyan Tree, my favorite kind of tree here in India.  Doesn't it look sooo cool?!


More monkeys.  They were everywhere along the roadside!



In this picture you can see all the tiered gardens.


This is a grove of Eucalyptus trees. 


This is one of the old churches we visited in Ooty.


This is what it looked like on the inside...


There were people selling fresh produce everywhere!  I thought this was a neat pic.


Well, that's all for now!  But I still have lots more pics. to post so make sure to check back!  :)



5 comments:

  1. Your right! It is not surprising to see you sitting on the edge of a steep cliff. The clouds and sunshine are beautiful. I am amazed to see so many monkeys that close to the road. Cool to see the elephant in a real working setting. Are those water buffalo? I too love the picture of the lady. She and her family must work very hard. So enjoying your pics. Thanks!!!! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... nice mo-ped Jo! And that tree looks soooo cool! Everything is really neat there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of church is it? What would be the most common to find there? I love the Banyan tree! We've read and told the Jungle Doctor stories for years and its nice to finally see the tree he always talks about! I love the tiered gardens as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's Episcapaline, but I can't remember. And I am really not sure what is the most common church. That's a good question! And yes, I think those are water buffalo. Thanks all for the comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so fun to look at all of the neat pics. From seeing these I know you must be enjoying God's wonders in India! I am so glad that you were allowed that privilege. Lord bless ya'! Mrs. Comstock

    ReplyDelete