Friday, July 20, 2012

Traffic and such...

Well I have reached my destination!  Thank you all so much for your prayers!  I am doing well other than suffering from jet lag but hopefully I will be over that soon. 

Here are some more pics..  Some of these I took from our taxi window of the traffic.  It is so crazy!  there is honking all the time but over here it doesn't mean you are upset it means you are coming through.  And there are no lanes over here... it is just like a big mob of cars trying to get ahead of each other.  :)  And they drive on the opposite side of the road than we do so that adds a little to the excitement of the experience.  ;D
There are a TON of motorcycles that weave in and out and for most of them it is their car.  There are usually two riders and the other day I saw one were they had 4 piled on!  a father, mother, and two children!  Most of the women over here ride side saddle!


This is a rickshaw...


And you all know what this is!  ;D


This is a banana field.  No corn and soybeans over here!  I also saw a sugar cane field.


Today I went to this store... the one with the green sign... with Michele to get a few things and i got a small pack of 10-12 oreos for the equivalent of 50 cents American money!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww!! That looks like so much fun! How do you like it over there? Have you met all of the kids in the Orphanage yet?

    ReplyDelete