Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Arrived...

Hello all!  Thought I would share a couple pics. with you all!  For those of you interested I flew from Bloomington, IL, to Atlanta, Georgia.  From there I flew to Amsterdam, Netherlands.  Sorry I didn't get any pics. of Amsterdam there weren't really any good shots.  But to give you an idea of what it was like I thought we were flying into IL when I looked out the plane window.  It was very flat, but it had a few more trees than IL.  ;)

Then from Amsterdam I flew to Mumbai, India.  And only have one more flight to go today.

Here is a pic. I took from the airplane yesterday on the way to Amsterdam.  It was soooo beautiful!  It looked like we were flying over a sea of clouds!


Here are a few pics. taken from our window in the hotel...


All the blue you are seeing are blue tarps and they serve as roofing on most of the houses.


It is sooooo packed here!  Just wall to wall houses!  It was not raining when I took this picture thankfully but they told us that they are in their rainy season right now.  So it has been raining off and on the whole time we have been here.  Wish we could send some of it back home! ;)


And I thought this was funny!  There are two cows down there right smack dab in the middle of the city!  :D


Well, hope you enjoyed!  I will try to post more pics. as soon as I can.  It may be a day or two depending on how soon I can get connected.



3 comments:

  1. Jordan, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say Praise God for you arrivin there safely! So excite to see what the Lord does through you with the children and all those He will bring your way.

    Love Angel French

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure you are on! We'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pics Jordan!!! It really helps to bridge the miles and is so fun to learn more about another part of our world. The cloud picture was beautiful and the tarps and cows amazing. Praying for your transition and for your "getting acquainted" with the orphans. Love you. mom

    ReplyDelete